When you vote, bring a valid picture ID that shows your signature. The following photo identification options are accepted:
- Florida driver’s license
- Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- United States passport
- Debit or credit card
- Military identification
- Student identification
- Retirement center identification
- Neighborhood association identification
- Public assistance identification
- Veteran Health Identification card issued by U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Concealed weapon permit issued in Florida
- Employee identification card issued by any branch, department, agency of entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality
If your photo identification does not show your signature, you will be asked to provide an additional identification that includes a signature.
If you do not have proper identification, your vote will be registered at the polls as provisional. It will only be counted if the signature on the provisional ballot envelope is found to match the signature on your voter registration application. Another option for people who do not have proper identification to show at the polls is to vote by mail on an absentee ballot.